Clutch

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Matt99
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Clutch

Post by Matt99 »

I put in a df centerforce clutch it is engaging midway up the petal which i would think it should engage down lower. On top of that it seems to soft for a df clutch. It also chatters really bad it does it when i shift and also when im just driving some time. (the chatter fills like some one is driving it that doese not know how to and is letting off early or something) Some people were telling i was suppose to adjust the clutch cause it was a centerforce is this true?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... 294865886+
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Clutch

Post by gradon »

Hey Matt,
I was talking to you before and did mention your problem on the forum. I haven't checked to see if there were replies, but I did tell you of my success with the DF2, a machined flywheel and a cleaned and greased throw-out shaft and pivot. I didn't mention that I drilled out the bleeder boss on my slave cylinder and installed a bleeder. Tomorrow I'll take a look at my DF2 that's sitting in the shed--maybe you installed it backwards? Someone claimed that it was bad to machine a Jeep flywheel due to it's "domed" surface(I never noticed this). Maybe your machinist took off too much and the clutch isn't clamping as much as it is supposed to. Anyhow good luck and I'm sure someone else will give an opinion.
Matt99
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by Matt99 »

Yea they did not take much of the fly wheel at all. Im so confused.
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by Flash »

If this is a "stepped flywheel and they machined the disk surface with out taking down the shoulder the same amount..........this could be a problem............Is the jeep flywheel a step tip?

Was the coller, of the throw out bearing smoooth..........did you sand any slight imperfection that the old throw out bearing created?
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."