injectors

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
badjeebus
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: yj

injectors

Post by badjeebus »

hello all,i have been reading many different topics about replacing the injectors on a 93 4.0 ho engine ,,,,,,,,motor is stock,,im interested in finding out which injectors work or perform better , the stock ones , i`ve heard 5.0 litre ford ones , so which ones people,thanks in advance.
holeski
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.01
Vehicle Year: 8894
Vehicle Model: MJ/YJ

Re: injectors

Post by holeski »

I was just going to ask something alone these lines. A FAQ on injectors might be a good idea. I have a set of Bosch 0280150556 D5B-19lb I think they are, in one motor. What are the pros and cons of single hole and muti hole injectors?
norakor.com
holeski
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.01
Vehicle Year: 8894
Vehicle Model: MJ/YJ

Post by holeski »

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =injectors
SilverXJ wrote:I'll give you my opinion on a 27 lb injectors. On my build, a 4.7L w/ ported and polished head, 62mm throttle body K&N in my 2000 XJ the injectors I choose at first were something like 25 on a lower psi rail. On my 49psi rail it worked out to be 27 lbs. Without input from my APEXI it was running richer than 10:1 AFR after 3000 rpm. So, I wouldn't recommend them. I have another set that works out to about 24 lbs on th3 40 PSI rail that I haven't tried yet.
http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... =injectors
norakor.com
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

Your mileage will vary depending on variables. I actually went back to using those injectors, but there is probably a better match available
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

I just picked up MarineJRM's 27#ers(on my 49psi rail) because I couldn't get my afrs down to 12.5:1 fast enough in 5th gear WOT with the psc1 maxed out and the LT1s at 25.5#(100% duty cycle isn't good, 80% is preferable). My stock 4.0 injectors were 23.2# and now that I have an additonal 15% displacement and heavily ported head, it makes sense that 15% bigger injectors would be required=27#.
99_WJ_4.0
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Grand Cher

Post by 99_WJ_4.0 »

So I'm currently in the same boat as far as figuring out what injectors I need to find. I have a 4.6 stroker in my 2000 wj and it HAD taurus injectors in it...was running like crap and came down to those being the last thing left to change so I put stock ones I had laying around in it...runs better but obviously not ideally...I bought the jeep with the engine in it and tho I know alot about the wj grands, having had 8 in the recent years.. I don't know about strokers...it has 50k on the rebuild but I want it to be proper...thought of going to a custom ground cam that a company I've spoken to has cut for them that is quite a bit more aggressive than the off the shelf one it has in it...I want it to be a mean SOB.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Are those EV1 or EV3 connectors?
99_WJ_4.0
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Grand Cher

Post by 99_WJ_4.0 »

I honestly don't know what they are. I wasn't even aware that you could swap injectors from other makes into vehicles. Not something I've ever tried. New to the whole modified engine thing.