2005 4.0 supercharger project help!

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
3jeepschris
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

2005 4.0 supercharger project help!

Post by 3jeepschris »

So the guys at Wrangler forum are total tools... basically told me I was dumb and to quit. Now that that is out of the way, I got a supercharger for my 4.0 for free basically. But I know nothing about it. Don't know who made it. Don't know if I'm missing anything. I've already taken the top end off to replace the cam and am getting ready to go back together and install the charger. Any tips? Ideas? Tricks? Does it look familiar? Thank you!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr-TT
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Grand cher

Re: 2005 4.0 supercharger project help!

Post by Mr-TT »

It looks to be a eaton m62.Youre correct that it's off a jeep. Do you have any experience with working on engines?
GreenYJ
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1994

Post by GreenYJ »

Looks like an old Rimmer setup. Can't verify that though. I've only seen pictures, never seen one in person.
1994 Sahara YJ
arg0413
Vehicle Year: 2004

Post by arg0413 »

I recently bought a used supercharger kit and installed it on my 2004 Wrangler, it's awesome!! I had trouble finding information on it too.

Did it come with injectors? What parts are missing?

As far as tuning goes, there are two tuners that can tune your stock PCM for boost:

B&G Performance & Flyin Ryan Performance.
lazyxj
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by lazyxj »

Her are some photos of a M62 supercharger kit I put together for a friend's XJ. Its engine had been built by Russ Pottenger.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/set ... 342067420/

My friend suddenly died about two weeks before the installation and the project was scrapped.
The manifold is a Rick Rimmer design. The manifold is a late model intake that has been cut and had a machined plemum welded to it.
The manifold was cleaned up and port matched by Russ. It was to use a Split Second FTC1 7th injector system, along with AEM methanol injection.
Ricks's kit was mostly complete, minus the TB and air cleaner, but the provided modified compressor was worn, with loose bearing and chipped rotors.
Rick said it would run fine...wrong.
The compressor was sent out for a complete rebuild, including coating of the rotors.
If anyone is interested, I still have the supercharger kit, waiting for the right XJ.