Peter Lechtanski "Worlds Fastest Comanche" 1952-2016

Check here before you check anywhere else!!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Peter Lechtanski "Worlds Fastest Comanche" 1952-2016

Post by Muad'Dib »

Plechtan, a long time member here and on the Comanche Club forum, has passed away. From the Comanche forum:

"Peter was a great member and longtime friend of the group. Better known to us as the guy who wanted to make a Comanche fast... Really fast. He was the member behind the Land Speed Record Comanche. Peter's drive to build the best engine brought him to Hesco, where Lee Hesco himself worked with him to test and tune his engine, provide insight, and even reminded all of us that Jeep had a LSR MJ back in the '80's. Peter talked to old Jeep execs, found the truck in Auburn Hills, MI, and they brought it out especially for him (and us by association). It was because of Peter and his persistence that the cover was blown off a big piece of MJ history, and it was because of him that we found out the Thunderchief still existed. Peter and his son Scott took their truck to the Bonneville Salt Flats and kept us posted all along the way."

"Visitation will be on Friday, March 11, 2016 from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM at Kisselburg-Wauconda Funeral Home, 235 North Main Street, Wauconda. The funeral service will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 12:00 Noon at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 31 Park Avenue, Grayslake. Interment will be private."

"I want the worlds fastest Comanche to be parked in my driveway, and the second fastest Comanche to be in Auburn Hills, MI."

Peter Lechtanski 1952-2016

http://www.kisselburgwaucondafuneralhom ... bId=813602

Thanks to Comanche91 for passing this on to me to share with you all.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
SIXPAK
Consistent
Consistent
Stroker Displacement: 280

Re: Peter Lechtanski "Worlds Fastest Comanche" 1952-2016

Post by SIXPAK »

I spent numerous hours on the phone with Pete over the years. I also sold him sold him several parts as well. No motor needed for him to fly today. Godspeed PL
Comanche91
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: JeeP
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Comanche91 »

We'll all miss him over on the Comanche Club. RIP Pete. You'll grab that record the next time around mate.
91 Comanche LWB, AW4, Hesco 4.6L, D44 Trac-lok, CHROME freak, ROLL TIDE
BrownBetty85
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by BrownBetty85 »

I just joined both groups and was just reading the story about his goal of owning the fastest MJ. How sad to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family and friends.