Calculator...

Check here for most things forum related... NOT stroker related!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Calculator...

Post by Muad'Dib »

Flash wrote:
oletshot wrote:Tigershark, you can change the IVC value to your specs. I did this for my build and the calc was right on per what Flash told me for dynamic compression with his calculator/dyno, 6.99:1. :D

That's vary good to here!!!! :cheers:

I think this calc will work perfectly fine for us, But............. i think you need to down load this one.
Here is the SCR/ DCR calc. that i down loaded off the Internet and is the one i have been using to figure DCR here.
I copied and pasted it from the compression ratio thread
Go here

http://cochise.uia.net/pkelley2/DynamicCR.html

And then scroll to the bottom of the page and look for this.

DCR Calculator with VB6 Runtime files 1.55 MB

DCR Calculator without VB6 Runtime files 423 KB

For those that under stand the math involve .........its explained about half way down!!!!!!!

Muad'Dib and 1bolt, I encourage you to down load it and see for you self.......I think it's easier to use and it explain what to do, each step of the way.............

Flash
We definitely don't want to "just get by" with our own. If were going to have it, it should be the place to get ALL the information not just SOME.

So from what i understand, we need it to calculate Dynamic Compression Ratio along with everything else it already does?
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Here is something thrown together:

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/calculator/test.htm

I really need everyones help as i don't quite yet understand what we need here. Do we need multiple calculators? Talk to me like i know nothing except for how to make something work on the web. (which is exactly how i feel right now).
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
brewmenn
Noob
Noob

Post by brewmenn »

tigerShark wrote:
oletshot wrote:Tigershark, you can change the IVC value to your specs. I did this for my build and the calc was right on per what Flash told me for dynamic compression with his calculator/dyno, 6.99:1. :D
i know you can change the IVC value(im no stranger to spreadsheets). i was just wondering where the default value came from, thats all.
61 was just some number for IVC I saw somewhere that I used for testing.
brewmenn
Noob
Noob

Post by brewmenn »

Muad'Dib wrote:Here is something thrown together:

I really need everyones help as i don't quite yet understand what we need here. Do we need multiple calculators? Talk to me like i know nothing except for how to make something work on the web. (which is exactly how i feel right now).
I like the idea a calculator that does everything but it might also be nice to have some simpler ones that are easier to use.

I have some Java experts that are willing to help me so I'll see what we can come up with.
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by Flash »

Muad'Dib wrote:Here is something thrown together:

Personally i thing we need 2 calc

the spread sheet one is grate, because you put every spec of you eng in it .......allows you to play around with it and better understand what each different specs does and how it affect other spec's
It is acualy complicate(to me) and you would have to do a lot of measure of you pre assemble to fill in all the blanks to get an answer but...........you will know the exact compression rato of you particular set up!!!!!!!!

The 2nt one need to be simple to us but give you a lot of info..........A lot, like the one you came up with above.
Muad'Dib that one you make works just fine, except...............When you put altitude in, You must put it in as 3000 not 3,000......ask me how i know :doh:
Also the cam spec is for @.050..........so if a cam spec is given in seat to seat you couldn't us this on

On the 2nt calc

Inputs: Bore, Stroke, Piston height(Piston to deck height and bowl CC)Gasket thickness(in cc)IVC with both "@ .050" and "Seat to Seat"

Outputs should be DCR, Quench hight, Altitude compensation, Boost ( if you are using a tubo or blower)

to cover all the bases we need the this one
http://cochise.uia.net/pkelley2/DynamicCR.html
that will give you SCR, DCR and quench
then yours
that throws in in boost an altitude.
And then the spread sheet one

Does that help or is that not what you asked for????

Flash
Last edited by Flash on March 5th, 2008, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

That helps thanks flash.

I think the biggest problem that may be unavoidable is having an "all in one" solution. I think the best were going to do is 2 separate ones. I think for now i am going to put the spreadsheet that i made into the upper right hand area next to "FAQ". Then at a later time see what brewmenn comes up with, and go from there.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Muad'Dib wrote:That helps thanks flash.

I think the biggest problem that may be unavoidable is having an "all in one" solution. I think the best were going to do is 2 separate ones. I think for now i am going to put the spreadsheet that i made into the upper right hand area next to "FAQ". Then at a later time see what brewmenn comes up with, and go from there.
Sound good to me...........

Can't wait to see what you (brewmenn)come up with :!: 8-)

Flash.
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Ok i got the link up there... Seems to work well.
brewmenn
Noob
Noob

Post by brewmenn »

Flash wrote:
Sound good to me...........

Can't wait to see what you (brewmenn)come up with :!: 8-)

Flash.
Don't get to excited. It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get it done.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Does this Calculator work for the I6? It has both static and dynamic cr's.

http://www.projectpontiac.com/ppsite/co ... iew/16/30/

If so, i can modify it for our needs. However when i through some of our numbers at it, it didnt seem to compute correctly.. but hey i dont know what im doing so you guys can be a better judge of that.
brewmenn
Noob
Noob

Post by brewmenn »

Muad'Dib wrote:Does this Calculator work for the I6? It has both static and dynamic cr's.

If so, i can modify it for our needs. However when i through some of our numbers at it, it didnt seem to compute correctly.. but hey i dont know what im doing so you guys can be a better judge of that.
It could be made to work. Somewhere it multiplies by 8 for a V8 engine, find that and change it to 6, everything else if the same. It's missing some of the things we tend to look at like quench. I like the layout of it and will probably "borrow" some of it. Also, buried somewhere in it's code is the math for figuring the IVC from cam duration and lobe separation. I have not yet isolated that part of the code and understood how it works. I'll have to consult my Java experts.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

brewmenn wrote:
Muad'Dib wrote:Does this Calculator work for the I6? It has both static and dynamic cr's.

It could be made to work. Somewhere it multiplies by 8 for a V8 engine, find that and change it to 6, everything else if the same. It's missing some of the things we tend to look at like quench. I like the layout of it and will probably "borrow" some of it. Also, buried somewhere in it's code is the math for figuring the IVC from cam duration and lobe separation. I have not yet isolated that part of the code and understood how it works. I'll have to consult my Java experts.
Ive looked at the code (all javascript) pretty closely, and have it working... i just havent found where the cylinder number is part of it.
brewmenn
Noob
Noob

Post by brewmenn »

Muad'Dib wrote:
brewmenn wrote:

Ive looked at the code (all javascript) pretty closely, and have it working... i just havent found where the cylinder number is part of it.
// displacement
ci=bore3*8 <<< I think this "8" is it.
cc=ci*2.54*2.54*2.54
liters=cc/1000
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

I must be blind .. i dont know how i missed that.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Interestingly enough, i just did a search for "Stroker Calculator", "Jeep Stroker Calculator" and "I6 Stroker Calculator" we come up as the #1 hit via google.