Suggestions

Check here for most things forum related... NOT stroker related!
Missourian
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: Suggestions

Post by Missourian »

Why is it that the edit function has been disabled on this forum? There are many times that I write something only to reread it after posting and go :doh: that's not what I meant!
I have a 4.6L STOKER in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler with 4.5" lift on 35" BFG MT and 4.56:1 gears.

Check out Metro Crawlers Image
Missourian
Donator
Donator

Post by Missourian »

Another suggestion:

In the "Build Threads" it would be nice if the "SUBJECT" line was reflective of the specific build type... such as "Poor Man's" STROKER, "Modified Poor Man's" STROKER, etc...
I have a 4.6L STOKER in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler with 4.5" lift on 35" BFG MT and 4.56:1 gears.

Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

Missourian wrote:Why is it that the edit function has been disabled on this forum? There are many times that I write something only to reread it after posting and go :doh: that's not what I meant!

Registered users have a limited editing time of 90 minutes... which i feel is plenty of time to review the post and make changes if needed...

Donators have unlimited time.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Missourian
Donator
Donator

Post by Missourian »

Donators?

Paid members? How much?

Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Donators... just showing appreciation for the work put into the website. There are benefits to being a donator and the unlimited editing time is one of them.

The minimum donation amount is $15.

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... f=19&t=891

There is a donate to us link up at the top near the search.
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
Missourian
Donator
Donator

Post by Missourian »

Yea, this site is the best source of JEEP STROKER knowledge on the web and really pretty good engine /Jeep service knowledge on the web as well.

A big thanks to you and all the contributors to this site. :cheers:

Antifreeze2
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280 ci
Vehicle Year: 1997

Post by Antifreeze2 »

Hey all,

Just decided to pull the trigger on some major purchases, and decided a donation to this fantastic site is in order. When I click the submit button, it just sends me to paypal, but doesn't give me an email address to send the cash to.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Antifreeze2 wrote:Hey all,

Just decided to pull the trigger on some major purchases, and decided a donation to this fantastic site is in order. When I click the submit button, it just sends me to paypal, but doesn't give me an email address to send the cash to.

There is no need to enter an email address. You should notice that when you press submit it takes you to a paypal page that says your going to give money to JeepStrokers.com

Just follow the instructions on the paypal page. Its completely automated.
Antifreeze2
Donator
Donator

Post by Antifreeze2 »

Tried again, same thing. Goes to Paypal login screen -> I log in -> views my account. Click again while logged in and it sends me straight to my account.
Antifreeze2
Donator
Donator

Post by Antifreeze2 »

Turns out that the donate function doesn't like Chrome. Did it in internet explorer and it went fine.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

Antifreeze2 wrote:Turns out that the donate function doesn't like Chrome. Did it in internet explorer and it went fine.
Good to know i will investigate this issue. Thanks
Gristleheart
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Wookie

Post by Gristleheart »

I suggest that the cookie timeout duration be increased. I don't see an option to adjust this in the UCP.
I nwo have to retype a couple paragraphs I was going to post because my login expired before I clicked "Preview," and the entire thing was lost.
I'm in the habit of typing longer posts in a text editor and then copying/pasting them into the browser. But the length of my post was short enough I didn't think of doing that, but long enough that re-typing it is an inconvenience. I didn't even think it had been that long that I had been idle. I'm used to logins that last at least a day, but I guess 8 hours would be good enough for me. I typically browse when I have a few minutes free at work.

Thanks
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

We don't timeout cookies. That is a browser or potentially 3rd party program that is doing that to you.
Gristleheart
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Wookie

Post by Gristleheart »

Muad'Dib wrote:We don't timeout cookies. That is a browser or potentially 3rd party program that is doing that to you.
Might not be a cookie. Might be a server-side session timeout setting. In the phpBB ACP, there is a Session Length setting under General > Server Configuration > Load settings. That might be the setting, I'm not sure. I don't know how long it takes for the session to timeout on this site. It just seems much shorter than I'm accustomed to on other forums.
Thanks
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Post by Muad'Dib »

I know I stay logged in for months at a time.. so nothing is timing out. However its possible that during a post you can get timed out because of the setting you mentioned. Its set to 3600 seconds aka 60 minutes, so that shouldn't be your issue. Since its not widespread, or at least not reported widely, it could also have to do with IP validation. Do you know if your IP changes a lot? We validate the first three octets, so if your ISP or similar is changing this often that could be your problem. Briefly looking at some of your posts it does appear that your IP jumps around a bit.

There is also a setting for "Maximum time to submit forms" and that is set to 7200 seconds (120 minutes).