Important information about private messages

Check here for most things forum related... NOT stroker related!
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Important information about private messages

Post by Muad'Dib »

When you are done sending off a private message to someone, this board automatically takes you to the private message that you sent. This private message is still in your "Outbox" because it hasn't been opened yet by the recipient. At this point, you can edit the message if you would like to... however more importantly, you can delete the message. Be very cautious here. You may think your deleting the message to "clean up" however, if you delete it while its still in your outbox, the person will never get it.

This has happened to me a few times. I would receive a email telling me i got a private message from someone, but when i go to the this board it isn't there. If you want to delete messages to "clean up", then only do it to the ones that are in your "Sent Messages" folder. The only time you should do this to messages in your "outbox" is if you screwed up and you don't want the message to be delivered anymore.

I hope this helps you all!
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!