Just sayin howdy

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
jeep_naked
Stroker Displacement: 4.8L

Just sayin howdy

Post by jeep_naked »

Just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I am in the pre stroker phase here, looking at buying a titan stroker but I keep hearing and reading that it is way cheaper to do it myself. I am gonna be on here a lot just trying to learn as much as I can in case I do decide to build one....by the way what would I expect the cost to be for a 4.7 stroker, no crazy cams just a little over mild, 4.7 stroker if I do it myself?

Oh and I am putting this in a 97' ZJ that will be running 33" and locked in the future.
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Re: Just sayin howdy

Post by John »

Welcome to the forum, follow along ask questions and you will be able to build a fine stroker motor, costs vary wildly and I build on the high side of costs. With that said it is possible to do in the under $2000 bracket, Depends on what you have to start with, who will do the work and machine shop costs in your area. Jeep after market parts are never cheap either. I would be more than glad to answer specific questions and there are several others that have knowledge and skills to pitch hit and provide options.
John
Shark
Consistent
Consistent

Post by Shark »

welcome to the forum. there is a lot of bad feedback about titan. i would never go with them. bad product and customer service. its well documented.
'91 MJ 4.0 ax15 Resto-mod street truck project, stroker candidate
'93 XJ 2door 4.0 aw4 np231 7" lift 33's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 2" 31's
'95 XJ 4door 4.0 aw4 np231 4" lift 31's RIP
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by seanyb505 »

Welcome! I would say first off go 4.6, it will give you room to bore out again if the engine needs to be rebuilt in the future. You can follow my build over in the projects section, I try to answer a lot of questions I had when I was just learning about stroking the 4.0. Right now build cost is looking to be around 2600, with all new parts.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
Flash

Post by Flash »

jeep_naked wrote:Just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I am in the pre stroker phase here, looking at buying a titan stroker but I keep hearing and reading that it is way cheaper to do it myself. I am gonna be on here a lot just trying to learn as much as I can in case I do decide to build one....by the way what would I expect the cost to be for a 4.7 stroker, no crazy cams just a little over mild, 4.7 stroker if I do it myself?

Oh and I am putting this in a 97' ZJ that will be running 33" and locked in the future.
WELCOME jeep_naked, Check out the facts section, as there is a lot grate info there and more to come if your planning on building your own.......Along with some really go Discussion on some of them.

Rome around for a while, hand have some fun :mrgreen:

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

Don't get a Titan. I have one. Its been a complete nightmare and has cost me much more than the purchase price. Their support is horrible and they never did the job right to begin with. Search for Titan on here for more info.