Engine is back in, now what about this?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Pac8541
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: YJ

Engine is back in, now what about this?

Post by Pac8541 »

New stroker dropped back in the Jeep this morning so now comes all the hooking shit back up phase. I’m starting this thread because I’m sure there will be more than a few questions and nagging problems I attempt to overcome before turning a key and I’d rather confine it to a single thread.

I have a ‘94 block. I used a ton of parts from Russ and now it’s properly stroked. The factory intake has been swapped for a ‘99+ version and now I have steering pump/belt tensioner problems.

Is there a work-around for this so I can retain my original steering pump or do I need to find a unit from a ‘99? Or maybe a bracket that’ll make what I’ve got work? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Engine is back in, now what about this?

Post by Cheromaniac »

When I did an '01 XJ intake manifold swap, I also swapped in the PS pump and mounting bracket from the same Jeep to make it work. You might need to do the same.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Pac8541
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: YJ

Re: Engine is back in, now what about this?

Post by Pac8541 »

Thanks to Cheromaniac for the photos he sent me via DM. Appreciate that, sir 🥃

I have the bracket (arrived 2 days early) and a new steering pump from O’Reilly’s. Can anyone tell me the bolt size that will fit this PS pump onto a ‘99 intake manifold? The ones off my ‘94 are too big but might they be the same thread pitch?

Thank you.