header stuff and flex plate

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
maricopacody
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Cherokee
Vehicle Model: Laredo

header stuff and flex plate

Post by maricopacody »

what kind of header is a good one to run on this 4.7 stroker and do they make a stronger flex plate for auto trans than OEM stock stuff I can find one
275/350 I-6
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

Re: header stuff and flex plate

Post by 275/350 I-6 »

I used a Banks header on my build in my CJ-7 and it seems to be fine, no complaints from me.

As far as the flexplate goes, I would recommend using an OEM unit. Unless there is an aftermarket company out there making one that I have never heard of, the only other option is an OEM style replacement that is probably made in China.

I bought a pioneer flexplate for mine, and it wasn’t round. When I cranked the engine with the starter I could look in where the CPS sensor mounts, and see the ring flange rising and falling. That told me it was not round. I bought an old rusty OEM flexplate and did the same check and it spun true.

I am running the old rusty OEM unit.

The new pioneer junk is hanging on the wall in my shop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
275/350 I-6
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

Re: header stuff and flex plate

Post by 275/350 I-6 »

The pioneer flexplate for a 1995 YJ.

A used YJ flexplate.

I am currently running the used one because it spins true, unlike the junk pioneer unit, from China.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.