Renix "BT" Block?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
huntrrrrr
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Renix "BT" Block?

Post by huntrrrrr »

Cross posted on the comanche forum but thought there might be some more info here. I just pulled the block from my 87 Comanche and noticed some differences between my 88 cherokee. There are multiple "BT" castings all over the block. There are also different size freeze plugs, both 1 in and 2 in. They are also steel plugs. Anyone seen these early "BT" blocks before? Just curious about the significance of the BT label. It is definitely an early AMC casting as far as I can tell. I can't find anything about them on the internet. I am looking to build a stroker out of the block so are there any major differences I need to be aware of? Is it okay to use this block in a stroker?? I can't find any info on this block from anywhere except for a one dead thread that never figured it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy Bobandi
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!

Re: Renix "BT" Block?

Post by Randy Bobandi »

It even has the AMC logo on it. You should build it up for sure, that's a piece of history.
huntrrrrr
Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by huntrrrrr »

Randy Bobandi wrote: May 16th, 2021, 10:55 pm It even has the AMC logo on it. You should build it up for sure, that's a piece of history.
Yeah! Pretty cool! I'll be using it for my stroker build. I'll report back if there are any differences.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

The freeze plugs are definitely different!
rwallen
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: XJ

Post by rwallen »

I came across one these blocks out of a 87 XJ. I was planning to use it for a build until I got it torn down and found a crack behind the water pump. Bummer, because it was nice block otherwise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

gradon wrote: May 20th, 2021, 6:52 am The freeze plugs are definitely different!
The freeze plugs are missing on that particular block. ;)
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: