4.0 Fastener Sizes

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Sailboy42
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: YJ

4.0 Fastener Sizes

Post by Sailboy42 »

Hi all, I am trying to compile a complete kit of the Jeep 4.0 bolts and studs. I've created this spreadsheet to the best of my ability. Please feel free to comment so it can stay accurate. I'm trying to making it as universal as possible, but if I can get confirmed info for certain years, I will be happy to add it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Randy Bobandi
I made it to triple digits!

Re: 4.0 Fastener Sizes

Post by Randy Bobandi »

Intake/Exhaust Manifold are 3/8 Studs not 5/16. 3/8-16 block side, 3/8-24 flange side.
Sailboy42
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Sailboy42 »

Gotcha, I took the 5/16 value off a parts diagram. But for all the studs, they make the value really weird to read.
Sailboy42
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Sailboy42 »

As I've looked at the fasteners, I found some unthreaded portion below the thread. I've found that they are always no more extended than .15 and slightly thinner than the rest. Is this a needed feature, are when I buy new bolts, I can ignore it.
Randy Bobandi

Post by Randy Bobandi »

Sailboy42 wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:17 am As I've looked at the fasteners, I found some unthreaded portion below the thread. I've found that they are always no more extended than .15 and slightly thinner than the rest. Is this a needed feature, are when I buy new bolts, I can ignore it.
You mean a pilot point? No, pilot points are not necessary. They do however, make installations a little easier and they help prevent cross threading, especially on an assembly line.

Is this style what you're referring to?
pilotpoint.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sailboy42
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by Sailboy42 »

Yes exactly, thank you