New 4.6 stroker, vibes at idle

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
steventure
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

New 4.6 stroker, vibes at idle

Post by steventure »

Hey yall, newbie member here. Been lurking here for awhile so I figured it was time to join the crowd. Just installed my first stroker over the past 2 long weekends with a buddy. It's a Golen 4.6 that we put in my 97 Cherokee XJ. I went with MORE rubber mounts, and we used brown dog brackets. Had to modify the brackets a bit to fit the mounts. Should have just went with MORE brackets as well haha but that's another story. Anyways, there's some pretty strong vibration/resonance at idle. Goes away as soon as you give her a little gas. I'm hoping the mounts just need to break in a bit. Just curious to hear what you all like to use for motor mounts or issues others have had with vibes. Do frame stiffiners help soak up some of the vibes? Thanks.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990

Re: New 4.6 stroker, vibes at idle

Post by Muad'Dib »

I used Brown dog mounts and bushings and didn't end up with any noticeable vibration over stock.

Specifically the "Ultra-Flex Rubber" kit.

Make sure your though bolts are not too tight? What's the condition of your Transmission mount? Factory mounts may have masked a bad transmission mount as well.

Finally, you may just need to let it settle. Especially if you are only feeling it at idle.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
steventure
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1997

Re: New 4.6 stroker, vibes at idle

Post by steventure »

I checked with MORE they said use the factory torque specs. I’ll check today and see if I over tightened. Factory trans mounts are original and have many miles on them. We checked em and they seemed fine but they should probably be replaced soon anyways. I guess we’ll see if things settle in a week or so. Thanks