First stroker, 4.6L

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Hei-HeitheXJ
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

First stroker, 4.6L

Post by Hei-HeitheXJ »

New here, but not new to the Jeep life. I have a 96 XJ that I'm planning on swapping in a Golen 4.6L stroker that I got an insane deal on from a good friend of mine. I would think the swap will be pretty straight forward, but am looking for advice and mabey some things I should do to prep the jeep for the added HP.

Currently have a basically stock 4.0 with the Bosch 12 hole 24lb injectors from K-suspension (#0280156161), a cowel/cold air intake, and high flow catalytic converter. I have a new set of Brown Dog motor mounts for the 4.6 along with a 99+ intake manifold that has been port matched. I'm wondering how well these injectors would work?

I've also been looking into the oil filter adapter, the block on this 4.6L is a Renix generation, I'm wondering if its possible to swap the oil adapers between the Renix block and HO block? If not I have heard of clocking the Renix adapter 90*? I know its possible to change the Renix adapter to the HO threads.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: First stroker, 4.6L

Post by Cheromaniac »

Those injectors have a rated flow of 22.8lb/hr @ 43.5psi. Your fuel system operates at 49psi so they'll flow 24.2lb/hr, which might not quite be enough for a 270hp stroker. Try them first and see.
I believe that the Renix and HO oil filter adapters are interchangeable, and that you can also rotate the HO adapter 90*.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
jsawduste
My keyboard is getting warn out
My keyboard is getting warn out
Stroker Displacement: 4.9

Re: First stroker, 4.6L

Post by jsawduste »

Unless the RENIX block is threaded different for the oil filter than the non RENIX. Simply take the oil filter nipple from the adapter (where the filter threads on) and insert that into the block. The filter will now seat on the block casting where the old adapter was. Bosch 3330 filter works for HO blocks.

If you look at Newcomer that's is exactly what they do and I`ve been running it like that for years.