My 4.7 update

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
bessemerengine
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: TJ

My 4.7 update

Post by bessemerengine »

I have a 1999 TJ I bought new. I wanted to retain my original engine so I stripped down my engine and took it to Titan Engines in Ocala, Florida. My advice for anyone who wants to do this is strip all studs and removable hardware before you send it in. Their process is to remove it and not replace it. I ended up in an LKQ pick a part getting replacement hardware.
They wanted me to use Shell Rotella for break in. After break in I switched to Mobil 1 synthetic. I purchased their recommended fuel injectors which are larger than stock. I have a Banks Torque Tube header and otherwise stock exhaust.
I now have 35k on the engine and have had no issues. I run 315/70-17 KM3 tires which are almost 35" tall with 3:73 gears and a 5 speed. I have gotten 15.25 to 17 mpg. The engine power band is very tractor or diesel like. Their is no need to rev it high. I have been happy with this engine and combination overall.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/125780130@N06/wB20Mz
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: My 4.7 update

Post by Cheromaniac »

Nice Jeep. I see you're also a Mustang owner.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
bessemerengine
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: TJ

Re: My 4.7 update

Post by bessemerengine »

Yes, the 1964.5 is about 4th in line of my projects. It is going to be expensive and time consuming. I have a couple antique tractors and an Excursion to do first. Sounds grand but everything I have is old and I do not have any payments. The Jeep has always been my daily driver. I am going to give overlanding a try with a roof top tent. Hoping the TJ will handle a hardshell tent and being loaded with stuff alright.