Flywheel Flange Height, Help!

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Glacko
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Flywheel Flange Height, Help!

Post by Glacko »

What was supposed to be a painless swap has given me realization that the flywheel flange appears to be closer than I thought upon lining the transmission up. I have a 1989 Laredo and the shop was explicit in that this was only for an 87-90 L or M vin code Cherokee and had a new SCAT 3.895 stroke crankshaft. I had heard something about the harmonic balancer snout issue with some of these cranks but I haven't been able to find anything like this. I'm at a loss and I'm not sure if changing the flywheel will fix my dilemma or I'll need to find some sort of spacer solution, my way of measuring isn't exact but i think it gets the point across
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glacko
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Flywheel Flange Height, Help!

Post by Glacko »

From what I can tell the old block was 4.8mms from the block to the flanges inner face, and 9mms thick, while the new one is about 1.75mms and has a flange thickness of 9.75mms.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164079516682
The old listing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.