stroker noob questions for 94 YJ

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
greers85
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Grand Cher

Re: stroker noob questions for 94 YJ

Post by greers85 »

Hey all, I hope this is the correct topic to post in because i am definitely a noob. I have a 97 ZJ with a 4.0 that had a recent leak in he head. I have had it checked this week and the machine shop is telling me that it has a major crack and they do not feel good about attempting a repair. That being said i have decided that i will go ahead and build the stroker that i want. Like a lot of folks here i want to budget this out and spread the cost out where i can. I think the "Low-Buck 4.6" will fit me the best but i am unsure how to start.

Since i am not a machinist can you assist me on how to let the machinist know what i need done to the block at minimum. I want to do as much of this myself (outside any machining) that i can. Also is the Block even where i should be starting or does gathering all needed materials first make more sense? Thank you for any incite you can provide i am just needing to create a clear direction of how to tackle this project and dont want to miss anything.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: stroker noob questions for 94 YJ

Post by Cheromaniac »

You can reuse the '97 block, oil pan, connecting rods, timing cover, cam bolt kit, oil slinger, and rocker arms/bolts for your stroker build but just about everything else will need to be replaced so start making a shopping list.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: