New Stroker Build

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Oversonic-boom
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

New Stroker Build

Post by Oversonic-boom »

I'm new to this forum, and am looking for some answers on how to build my stroker for my 1999 wrnagler.

I started with a 99 block from a cherokee, and got a Clegg stage 3 kit, which includes Icon forged 21 cc dish pistons, forged 6.125" rods, switched to hastings rings and king bearings for the rods and mains. I bored out the cylinders 0.030" over. I then went with their stage 2 cam and valvetrain kit, with oversized valves, and the cam has a duration of 269 intake and 273 exhaust with 114 lobe separation. For now, I plan on keeping the stock head, which is a #0630 head and redoing the valves to accommodate the oversized valves, as well as a DIY port job on it.

Does anyone see any issues with this combo or have any advice for building this stroker? Ive also been trying to figure out where my C.R. will actually be, but the many calculators (including on here) have been giving me some different calculations. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-B
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: New Stroker Build

Post by Cheromaniac »

Assuming the block isn't decked, the static CR will be ~9.2:1 with a quench height of ~0.070".
You might want to consider having 0.020" shaved from the block deck to reduce the quench to ~0.050" and raise the CR to ~9.6:1. This will reduce the engine's propensity to detonate and add a little performance. Before ordering new pushrods, get a pushrod length checker to verify the correct length.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: