4.5L Stroker From Ebay

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Glacko
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

4.5L Stroker From Ebay

Post by Glacko »

Hey all, I've made a post earlier about setting up a stroker but I finally pulled the trigger on a crate motor from a shop in WA for 2100 bucks, its been balanced and reassembled etc so I figured it was too good of a deal to not take. It's going into a 1989 XJ. Just wanted some advice about if I should pick up a high volume water, thoughts on leaving the Renix intake and exhaust and just getting a bored out custom TB and what kind of injectors to start with. I also picked up a wideband kit for 120 so that'll help me with monitoring how its burning. Anything that comes to mind with this parts list/build please let me know!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale is a professionally rebuilt JEEP 4.0L Engine that has been Stroked to 4.5L.

Engine ONLY Fits Jeep applications from 1987-1990 that came with the 4.0L with Vin codes "L and M".

Will not replace 4.2L (258) Applications................4.0L ONLY for these years.

Engine is @ .030 Oversize and the Crankshaft is STD/STD (New SCAT Crankshaft)

Engine features new Silvolite Hypereutectic Pistons and Hastings Moly Rings, Clevite Rod and Main bearings, Durabond Cam bearings, Melling Timing set, and Oil pump, Oil pump screen, MAHLE Engine gasket set, New SBI Valves and Springs, New SCAT Crank (3.895 stroke, Crown 5.875 length rods, and a special ground camshaft with a "248" Grind.(200-200@ .050 with 0.412 lift with a 112 lobe separation). The rotating assembly has been balanced. Engine compression is 9.2:1
We highly recommend replacing the stock fuel injectors with 19LB-22LB an hour Ford Mustang fuel injectors.

We built this engine for one our workers friends. He supplied the core and we supplied all of the New parts.
He told to sell the engine because his financial situation had changed and could not afford to pay for the engine.

We are a Machine shop that has been in business for almost 40 years. We were the exclusive engine builder for "WEST COAST ENGINES" from the inception until 2020 when we decided to shut the doors.

Engine is SOLD AS IS! No core is required and no warranty is expressed or implied!!
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Re: 4.5L Stroker From Ebay

Post by Cheromaniac »

It's essentially a 4587cc (4.6L) poor man's stroker with a very mild aftermarket cam. The "balancing" probably merely involved weight matching the connecting rods (4.2L units).
What you attach on the driver's side is up to you. If you reuse your Renix TB, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold, a set of 21lb injectors (Bosch 0280155703) would probably suffice, but it would be like having your stroker breathe in and out through a straw.
Alternatively you could get an '00+ intake manifold, 62mm bored HO TB, and aftermarket header with custom 2.5" downpipe. You'd need to delete the EGR and adapt your Renix TPS to the HO TB, but the engine will be much more responsive. You would, of course, need slightly bigger injectors than the ones I suggested earlier such as the Bosch 0280155715.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Glacko
Vehicle Year: 1989

Post by Glacko »

Cheromaniac wrote: March 31st, 2020, 2:52 am It's essentially a 4587cc (4.6L) poor man's stroker with a very mild aftermarket cam. The "balancing" probably merely involved weight matching the connecting rods (4.2L units).
What you attach on the driver's side is up to you. If you reuse your Renix TB, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold, a set of 21lb injectors (Bosch 0280155703) would probably suffice, but it would be like having your stroker breathe in and out through a straw.
Alternatively you could get an '00+ intake manifold, 62mm bored HO TB, and aftermarket header with custom 2.5" downpipe. You'd need to delete the EGR and adapt your Renix TPS to the HO TB, but the engine will be much more responsive. You would, of course, need slightly bigger injectors than the ones I suggested earlier such as the Bosch 0280155715.
So would I be able to use my Renix head with a 99-01 Manifold and a 91-99 header?
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by Cheromaniac »

A 91-99 header would probably work but you'd need to use the Renix intake manifold on a Renix head. The intake ports are much lower on the Renix head and an HO manifold would need to be modified quite a bit to get the runners to line up.