Few questions about new stroker build

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Tiggerduc
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Few questions about new stroker build

Post by Tiggerduc »

Hi guys I'm a new one on this forum. I'm currently in the process of building a stroker Jeep which will be carbed. I'm getting the Titan engine replacement for the 258. I have already ordered a Clifford performance intake and adapter for the 38/38 DGES Webber carb that I currently have on it. I am also sorting the exhaust system for the 4.0 head. I know I will need a fuel pump but do I have to mount it all the way back on the tank or can it be mounted in the engine compartment somewhere? I am also wondering if anyone has used the DUI distributor from a 258 on a 4.6 motor as I would much rather keep the ignition system simple. If anyone has some pointers I would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bart
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: Few questions about new stroker build

Post by SkylinesSuck »

The pump could be anywhere, but it depends on the setup. They don't like pulling then pushing. I have a high pressure pump under the hood in my Cutlass, but it's in a sump fed by the factory low pressure pump. An external/inline pump would need to be lower than the tank and gravity fed. Obviously an in tank would need to be at the back...in the tank.
jcsj
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1978
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cj-5

Re: Few questions about new stroker build

Post by jcsj »

I use a msd distributor, 6al off road box and have had no problems.just check the gear too gear clearance may have to shim the distributor up a little