No Oil Pressure (repost from "Strokers & Performance Tech")

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
bmax998
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: G.Cherokee

No Oil Pressure (repost from "Strokers & Performance Tech")

Post by bmax998 »

{Maybe I can get some help in this part}

Alright so I finally did the swap!! :D :D everything went in nice (sorta) and nothing seemed to be out of place or wrong. I primed the engine and let it crank and everything was fine. So now I go to start it up, and the damn thing started up in less than 2 seconds! It just turned right over with no issues. I was so excited until I looked and saw the "check gauges" light on and then found out that my oil pressure gauge was reading 0. I am going to see if I have pressure or not with a mechanical gauge tomorrow, if I do have pressure, than it might just be the oil pressure sending unit. In which I'll replace that and see how it goes.
Other than that, would anybody have any ideas on what else it could be? I'm just trying to find every single possibility as to why I'm not seeing any pressure. Please help!!

f.y.i. I did not see any leaks or drips from the oil pan, oil filter, distributor, sending unit, etc. The engine barely even warmed up, I turned it off before it actually heated up and I started damaging things
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: No Oil Pressure (repost from "Strokers & Performance Tech")

Post by Cheromaniac »

If the engine was quiet on start up with no lifter noise, then it definitely had oil pressure. Otherwise the lifters would be clacking like a bag of nails if there was no oil pressure to pump them up.
Probably a faulty oil pressure gauge sending unit, or you just simply forgot to plug the wiring harness back into it.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: