12 counterweight crankshaft.

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
TornFate1
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

12 counterweight crankshaft.

Post by TornFate1 »

Hello everyone,
My name is Dan Moser from Pa. I'm new and thoroughly researching stroker info. I have my head at the machine shop being ported and valves checked. I have my 4.0 motor apart ready to be taken to the machine shop next week. Simpson Machine Shop in Mauncey Pa. Let's just say I've learned a lot more then I new before about my own engine and continuing education on this stroker build.
First build and I wish it to be done right for the circumstances i intend to use it for. Problem is I would like to purchase a 12 counterweight crank for rock crawling purposes. I found this website and I found Russ Pottengers name in a post similar to this . A man building a stroker looking for the same crankshaft. Russ may be a man that can help. I am trying to reach him or any other member that would like to chat over this build. There's a lot to understand for a inexperienced stroker enthusiasts like myself.
I fell in love with the whole jeep thing. This is my 2nd 2000 xj . The first was totaled by another driver. I have mods on this vehicle and I'm serious about what I do. Currently I have 4.5 Rustys long Arm with .75 front spacer and .75 rear shackle. Sits badass especially with the 32x11.5x15 mickey thompsan tires. Followed up with 242 sye and Tom Woods driveshaft, i know but i like the 242. I do however pan on using a tupy 0331 head for the build and most likely stock connecting rods. But will
Purchasing the right camshaft. Question though should I involve a change on tourque converter? I thought today I should be investing my money on air lockers or I've heard of e- magnetized lockers that rule out the chance of condensation over the air lockers. Any way there's a ton to say but the build brakes are on until I find a 12 counterweight crank. Thanks for listening guys and I'll defiantly be looking at other post amongst the group.
TornFate1
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Beginner

Post by TornFate1 »

Looking to build this jeep smart and to be able to handle rock crawling with a stroker 12 counterweight crankshaft. Please any advice or do' s vs don't.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7

Re: 12 counterweight crankshaft.

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Hi Dan,

I’m currently working with a company that is going to manufacture a 12wt 3.895 stroke Jeep crankshaft.
Two initial Proto types were made that I inspected this week.
With a couple of changes and tweaks hopefully this new Crankshaft will be well received and offer us another alternative. Absolutely nothing wrong with the 4 counterweight crankshafts we’re running now, but at the same time do recognize the advantages of the heavier crank.

Feel free to call or email me.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email: [email protected]
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Welcome to the board! Looks like you doing Russ :-)

You don't happen to know any Martz's do you?
Fitzy1227

Post by Fitzy1227 »

Highly recommend Russ I can’t say enough good things about him, He helped me by answering every question I had, recommended the proper parts that work with my setup and was honest with me about how my original plans weren’t right and didn’t wanna just sell me something just to sell. 10/10 recommend and definitely has my business from now on.
nowhereman98
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by nowhereman98 »

Hey Russ, that's good news about the 12wt crankshaft. Can you give us any more info on them? Will you be offering them in longer stroke versions than
the 3.895 that would go with your rods and pistons? Thanks Tim.