4.2 HO in renix

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Stohned
Stroker Displacement: 4.2
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wagoneer

4.2 HO in renix

Post by Stohned »

To keep the story relatively short, my 88 renix is about to go. So the question was to replace it or build it. Well, its getting replaced. I happened across and extremely good deal on a 4.2 stroker, or so im told, and even if it wasnt 100% true the deal couldnt be passed up. The guy told me he doesn't know much about it but it came in a cherokee he had just bought. He pulled the motor out to put in something else and lost interest. After running block numbers it came from a 96-99. The intake mani is old style so im lead to believe its from an early 96.

My question is: What have i gotten myself into? I plan to swap my renix stuff over to the motor so i'm not doing a full HO swap. Is there anything i need to look out for when installed this other than the usual renix to HO things? Will it even work? I haven't started this project yet due to work, but will be very soon. Thanks for any info or advice in advance. If i have no listed enough information just tell me what i need to list and i'll be happy to do so.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 4.2 HO in renix

Post by Cheromaniac »

You could do the following:

1. Keep the Renix ECU, wiring harness, and sensors.

2. Use the early log style HO intake manifold with HO throttle body. You'll need to adapt your Renix TPS to the HO TB but that's a fairly simple task.

3. Use an aftermarket header to bolt up to the HO head. You'd need to delete the EGR altogether.

4. You'll need a '91-'95 injector rail (if not already attached to the manifold) and the '91-'95 supply/return fuel lines.

5. We'd need more information about that 4.2 mini stroker engine to determine which injectors would work best.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: