505performance order troubles

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
darkcorp
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: GCh 4.0

505performance order troubles

Post by darkcorp »

Hi, guys!

Last year I was looking for new internals for my stroker rebuild. I deciced to go with ICON KB 944 pistons.
505 Off-road performance gave me a good price for it so I decided to order:
- Keith Black ICON 944.030 pistons with Molly rings
- 505performance Stage1 camshaft on late core plus lifters
- cam bearings
- lower gasket set
- 2 bottle of zddp lube

On November 14, 15 and 19, 2018, I paid via Paypal to 505 Off-Road performance for goods with a total cost of $1070, including delivery ($193) from the USA to Russia.
The goods were sent on December 21, 2018 by Fedex track 773945715853. I do not know why by Fedex because they do not deliver to individuals in Russia, to legal entities only.

After a couple of weeks 505performance informed me that Fedex was unable to send to Russia, allegedly due to problems with customs, although I did not receive any official notifications.

Further, at my request, the goods were redirected to another carrier to a warehouse in the state of Delaware (DE). So I had to pay extra $127,5 for shipping to Russia.

I asked the seller to return the difference between the amount paid for shipping to Russia and the amount of actual shipping costs only in the USA to the warehouse in Delaware (DE). $150 or so. The seller opened a dispute with Fedex case # 4581035/505.

Since no news, the seller also does not get in touch.

The answer from Fedex:

"Good day!

According to the policy of FedEx in Russia, the delivery of parcels from abroad is possible only to legal entities. Your package has been addressed to a private person.
For private individuals, we only transport goods from senders who have an additional agreement with FedEx. Unfortunately, your sender does not have this agreement.
The parcel did not cross the territory of the Russian Federation, the cargo was stopped at a transit point in France and returned back to the consignor on the consignment note: 784432948660
For questions about refund, you need to contact your sender.

Thank."

So it's not my or custom's fault that 505performance couldn't ship it to Russia.

When the parcel arrived to Russia I opened it. All labels were safe and undamaged. So nobody has opened it before.
There were no lifters and no ZDDP in the parcel. The piston rings are wrong size. 0.060 instead of 0.030 so I can't use them.
I asked 505performance to refund me for rings, lifters and ZDDP but they won't. They said all is my fault and banned me! WTF!

So I recommend you not to mess with 505performance. They don't know how to do their business right.
publicpreview.jpg
IMG_20190211_130710 — 1.jpg
IMG_20190211_130359 — 2.jpg
2019-02-10 18-01-27.JPG
Unboxing
https://youtu.be/-1dF-ru084g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: 505performance order troubles

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Sorry you found out the hard way about 505. They have a terrible reputation and a doubt anybody in here would buy anything from them.
darkcorp
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: GCh 4.0

Post by darkcorp »

Last email from 505 that I've received:

"If i see one negative comment or anything on the webb, i will contact
Customs and Import Restrictions - Bureau of Consular Affairs and have u investigated trying to get us to ship u illegal and dangerous goods."

So funny they mean they shipped me illegal and dangerous goods? Pistons? cam? bearings? Are they kidding? What illegal and dangerous goods were in their package? What is wrong with them?
Andre_ITALY
Learning to use the board
Learning to use the board
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: TJ 4.0

Post by Andre_ITALY »

I have buy TWO 505 SS fully ported exaust header.
Junk. :boom: :boom:
The 505 welder had to be drunk ............... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by dwg86 »

So sorry you are going through this. I haven't heard anything good about 505 performance. I dont know how they are still in business.