4.7 stroker in a 93 cherokee

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Thiswasamistake
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

4.7 stroker in a 93 cherokee

Post by Thiswasamistake »

Alright guys the options selected were 10.2:1 compression. Bored 30 over unsure which cam was installed motor ran in the previous owners 93 comanche what I'm trying to figure out Is to I absolutely have to swap to an obd2 system to make this motor run in my jeep (it does run just rough as hell I know I've got the wrong injectors in it I'm rectifying that as soon as they show up) I've been led to believe that with the right cam this motor should run on an obd1 system my question is 1 is that true and 2 which cam would I need to make this motor compatable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 4.7 stroker in a 93 cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

I don't see anything I those stroker specs to suggest that it won't run properly with an OBD I ECU.
There's no information about whether the cylinder head is ported or has oversized valves, so I'm somewhat sceptical about the 280hp claim. If it's true, 24lb injectors will be too small and since an aftermarket cam is used, the distributor may need to be reindexed.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: 4.7 stroker in a 93 cherokee

Post by dwg86 »