New

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
azcurly
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Unlimited

New

Post by azcurly »

I have a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited. Recently I wanted to make an engine improvement so I went with an ATK 4.7 stroker last September. It was professionally installed and broken in. I drove it about 150 miles and it started knocking. Back and forth with ATK I shipped it back and was told bad fuel. It was discovered in their own diagnostic report that the wrist pin wasnt set right which caused cylinder six walls to be destroyed. After arguing with them I was refunded my money.

I went with a Golen 4.6 and initially great and is still great. However, I started experiencing codes from cam and crank sensors. These were aftermarket so I replaced them with OEM. It seemed to get worse.

As I live in Northern Arizona it gets cold, and I found temperature plays a part as well.

Based on research I conducted it seems 05 and 06 Wranglers with Automatic transmissions have had issues with the PCM.

I did order one since thebone in the Jeep currently shows signs of rust on the box and I beleive may have had moisture inside.

My questions are related to the PCM and sensors. Since the original computer is factory, does it have to have programming changes to accommodate the performance engine to include the 24lb injectors and cold air intake?

What other steps are needed to get the max performance with the automatic transmission and my current set up. Would a chip be a fix, programming or other steps?

Thanks in advance.