96 4.0 to 2000 4.7 temp sensor help needed

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Captnjack
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

96 4.0 to 2000 4.7 temp sensor help needed

Post by Captnjack »

505 Performance says they sent back the same engine I returned to them after a no oil pressure issue, more on that later! However it's not the same engine, this engine only has one temp sensor located on the water intake, for the ECU the rear temp sensor for the dash gauge hole is not on the block. My question is how do I wire the gauge temp sensor to the ECU temp sensor so I can tell my engines temperature? I'm scared to even break it in, by running it at 2500 rpms for 30 minutes without knowing if it's running hot or not, so it's just sitting in my driveway, like it has most of the time since I bought the engine February 21s 2018 since that time I've only been able to drive it for 250 miles, changed the oil, and Bam no oil pressure, so my one year warranty is almost over due to 505 dragging their feet, on warranty work, $1200.00 and months later I still can't drive my Jeep! Thanks in advance for your help!