Maybe I'll finally build it?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
streetpirate
Noob
Noob

Maybe I'll finally build it?

Post by streetpirate »

I've wanted to build a stroker for over ten years, and ten years ago collected a bunch of parts. After a recent 3k mile road trip (jeep hasn't got daily duty for years, mostly just a camping/trail rig) I'm feeling it might be time. I'm way down on power and getting a ton of blowby (320k!) but still runs like a top and is 110-120psi across all six.

I have:
renix block
early ho head
99+ intake
12 cw crank
probably a set of renix rods somewhere?

4.2 rods and the old kb944 (IIRC) pistons

So I know the days of the short rod engines are done, and I'm not opposed to buying new pistons

back in the day I wanted to go full eagle h-beams, eaton m90, but that's just crazy now. All I really need is power to pass at highway speeds and some more torque than I have in case I want to tow a little. I'm at 4.56 on 32's so I'm looking for as much low end as I can get and running 2250-2700 on the highway. The rig is an '87 XJ and I also want to keep the engine management all stock for simplicity, but am fine with running a wideband and afpr especially if thats all it takes for a mild 4.6 to run great with renix electronics.

Should I just run everything stock renix parts and rebuild with more displacement? Is it worth the hassle to mess with the newer head and intake? I would probably be happy with a fresh rebuilt stocker but hey, I already got stroker parts, why not add some displacement.
I appreciate any and all thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on this. Thanks.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Maybe I'll finally build it?

Post by Cheromaniac »

You could keep the stock Renix electronics and still run the HO head/intake manifold/throttle body with an adapter for the Renix TPS on a 4.6 stroker.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Maybe I'll finally build it?

Post by Russ Pottenger »

I offer a affordable custom dish forged piston and bushed steel connecting rod combination that go in without having to deck the block while still maintaining a tight piston quench. This will help save you the additional machine cost and will help to offset the expense of the pistons and rods.

As Dino addressed the TPS, you’ll also need the 99 and up power steering bracket, and deal with the EGR if required in your state for emissions.

If you rather not hassle shortening the snout on your 12wt crank, I offer a keyed spacer.

Feel free to send me an email or drop me a call if I can help in anyway with these items or any thing else you’ll need to finish comprising your stroker kit.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]