Gas

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
bmax998
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: G.Cherokee

Gas

Post by bmax998 »

Hello,
I am pretty new to this forum and so far I have not been able to find out how I can tell whether or not I can use regular gas (87) or if I will need to use a higher grade gas. I'm also very new to building a stroker so my knowledge so far, I would say, is below average. Is there a way to figure out it after everything is said and done? Please Help.

Thank you,
Brady :D
bmax998
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: G.Cherokee

Re: Gas

Post by bmax998 »

Hi again, so after doing extensive digging into this forum, I still have yet to get an answer as to what I should be expecting to use. I understand that a higher compression ratio requires a higher octane fuel. However, I want to be sure exacty what I am putting into my engine before hand. Therefore, if anyone could help that would be great. All i need is some sort of range or list that gives me an “ideal” fuel based on CR, this will help me decide what CR i choose to set in my stroker build. Thanks.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Gas

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Hi Brady,

Welcome to the forum.
There are several factors involved to properly answer your question. Depending on piston quench, camshaft, altitude, and AFR's we're shooting for a static compression ratio of around 9.2:1 to 9.5:1 to safely run on 87 with a cast iron head.

I carry a full line of custom forged pistons to compliment my Stroker kits that have multiple choices in dish volumes that allows me build a kit for you so you'll have the exact static compression ratio you'll need.

Feel free to shoot me an email I'll be happy to forward you information and pricing. Will be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

Thanks,
Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2303
Email/PayPal: [email protected]