Guidance needed on a build please

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Wheeledjunk1973
Stroker Displacement: 4.0l
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Xj

Guidance needed on a build please

Post by Wheeledjunk1973 »

I have a low mile renix block ready to take to the machine shop. Block is in really good shape. Only had 165,000 miles. My question is I am wanting to put together a reliable motor with added torque to pull something like a small side by side through the mountains and still have good daily driving manners with out going full blown high hp engine. Plan on having machine shop measure cylinders before looking into piston specs. Plan on using stock 4.0 rods and king bearings with comp cam and lifters. I sell parts for a living so I can get an HO Head reman ready to bolt on. May only clean up the ports a bit before install. I do not plan on beating the engine to bad but looking more for reliability and pump gas. Do not want any over heating issues for long trips. It is an xj 2dr. W/aw4 33 inch tires. Will the deck need shaved for my intended goal? Plan on Scat crank and upgrading intake,throttle body and header,injectors etc. And keep renix ecm. Any advise would be appreciated.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Guidance needed on a build please

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Welcome to jeep stroker's,

Having a good local machine shop is a good first step to building a good reliable engine of any kind especially a stroker.

I've been able to put together various levels of custom stroker kits that include ported cylinder head and intake manifold packages.

You're welcome to drop me a call or email and I'd be happy to send you out information and pricing.

Thanks,
Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]
Wheeledjunk1973
Stroker Displacement: 4.0l
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Xj

Post by Wheeledjunk1973 »

Thanks Russ,I sent you an email on the 30th and had not received a reply. If you are like me I would rather be doing something than playing on a computer any way. Based on scat crank,4.0 rods probably 30 over cyl's and oe spec HO head assy and comp efi cam and your pistons would the block need decked? Everything oem except cam,crank and pistons. I live in upstate south carolina so no shortage of capable machine shops. Have many top named race engine builders where I live like Fulton,clemments racing,par etc. so capable machine shop is not a problem. Can you quote me out crank, main bearings and your pistons for this build. Or just pistons. I have the engine block ready for the shop and want to start collecting the specialty parts I can not purchase where I work.
Thanks, Brian
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Russ Pottenger »

:doh: Oops, ... Sorry about that.

I've caught a few of my incoming emails going to spam.
If you can resend i'll make sure I catch it this time.

Thanks!
Russ