Poor mans build stage 1

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
BeRadicle
I think I'll order a "tab"
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: Grand YJ

Poor mans build stage 1

Post by BeRadicle »

Well good day friends. Been a long time since I've been on here. I just ordered a lunati 700 .484 lift cam shaft and 1612 spring for my 4.0l.
Also acquiredg a factory reman 4.0l out of a 1993 cherokee has awesome cylinders had a head gasket failure and 2 stuck open valves was missing like a sob. But its already .030 over and ran well enough to freshen up.
Plan is to do head work, cut the seats down if needed for these springs. Will also order the keepers for the springs, reuse locks, intake valves possibly exhaust valves if the ones in my other head is any good. New lifters new springs new aluminum bearings while its apart.
Will style my head work after the styling of Russ pottenger, he even agreed to give feed back should i ask for it when I messaged him a couple years ago.
No fancy larger valves just a good old fashion. Top end rebuild with a cam oh and a .027 head gasket to take quench down to .05 and jump the compression up to 9.31 with a dcr of 8.03
Still have my 4.2 4 weight crank here chilling wrapped in oil soaked rags and plastic wrap.
But I am un willing to run short rods so 100+a hole for pistons isn't in the budget all at once here.
Once Chewbacca is no longer singing the song of his people under my hood i may be on to bigger and better things afterward.

Questions

Any one running vs 1612s? Do the fit over the stock spring seat?
Is a DCR of 8.03:1 over board for regular 85 pump gas? I typically run 87 unmarked from the card lock.

Im hoping that this will increase the fuel efficiency of my 4L is that a pipe dream?
BeRadicle
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: Grand YJ

Re: Poor mans build stage 1

Post by BeRadicle »

Budget is about 600 give or take, spent 325 so far another 150 on the HG and bearings should be about 125 or so. Plus lifters so I'm already over. Got hit with harsh duty fees of 67 bucks today.