Renix Stroker help

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
88mjolympic
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Renix Stroker help

Post by 88mjolympic »

Hello fellow Jeepers. I just joined the forum. I’ve been reading a few posts before joining. Have a few questions about building a long stroke 4.6. I have an 88 MJ with a good running Renix. I’ve acquired a 93 4.0 block and 7120 head. I bought a 1990 4.2 for the crank and my local shop just called and they turned it 10/10. My question is who has run a stroker with all Renix controls? What tips can you provide as far as injectors? I hear most saying Ford 24lb and a few saying that was too much for the Renix. I’ve seen people use the 91-95 fuel rail on the Renix with a 99 up intake. I previously upgraded my 4.0 to the Volvo 4 Hole injectors. Sorry so long
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Renix Stroker help

Post by Cheromaniac »

I ran Ford Racing 24lb injectors on my stroker but then mine had a ported HO head, '01 intake manifold, and all the usual external performance bolt-ons.
You could run the HO head, '00+ intake manifold, HO TB with adapter for Renix TPS, '91-'99 header, and '91-95 injector rail with Bosch 0280155715 injectors (22.4lb/hr @ 39psi). You'll need to delete the EGR if you go with HO hardware, but you can still run your Renix controls.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
88mjolympic
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Re: Renix Stroker help

Post by 88mjolympic »

Thanks, Yes I'm aware of the needed TPS adapter. I'm assuming I would use the HO IAC in the HO throttle body? It would most likely require an exchange 62mm bore tb. I havn't checked yet but is the connector for the IAC plug and play? Do you recommend eliminating the Renix vacuum harness assembly and CCV system and using the HO PCV system? I work at a (Ford) dealership as a long time parts manager. Luckily, one of our technicians used to work for an independent garage and he said I can use his Snap On MT2500 diagnostic scanner. He has the Jeep-Chrysler module for it.