Ecm/tuner problems

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Brown1018
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Ecm/tuner problems

Post by Brown1018 »

I recently joined the stroker crowd and swapped my 4.0 for a 4.6 Titan in my 01' Tj. Was having fuel issues due to stock injectors and finally switched to 24# Ford injectors. Noticed that I started having stalling and misfires along with starting problems, all symptoms of a faulty ecm. I just ordered a reman 4.0 ecm programmed to my vin from car computer exchange. The ecm is plug and play but I'm expecting there to be issues because of the programmed ecm will think it's running a 4.0 instead of the 4.6 stroker. Is there any break in methods or tuner/flashpaq one could purchase to get this thing running smoother or will the new ecm be just fine the way it is?
Thanks
01' Tj, 4.6L stroker, 24# Ford Inj.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Ecm/tuner problems

Post by Cheromaniac »

The '00+ ECUs are more finicky than previous generations so ideally you'd be better off going with a custom tune. Shoot an e-mail to Chris Jensen at [email protected] . He's a busy guy so he may be slow to respond, but he has a great reputation for tuning Jeeps.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
DaemonForce
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L Super
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: American
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Post by DaemonForce »

I don't foresee this being an issue with the 96-98 ECMs, which is probably one reason I've never encountered this problem. Another reason may be that I never had any experience with a stock 4.0L and I jumped straight over to the Bosch 280155703 injectors commonly found in Dodge Neon and Plymouth Breeze passenger cars. What are some of the readings you're getting with your current tune?
   ,__,_____,__,       ~A-M-C YA!
//___}/,_ll,_\__\,_____
,l_/¯\_l__ll__l__/¯\(¤≡¤)
   (o))o))        (o))o))
Brown1018
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Brown1018 »

Cheromaniac wrote:The '00+ ECUs are more finicky than previous generations so ideally you'd be better off going with a custom tune. Shoot an e-mail to Chris Jensen at [email protected] . He's a busy guy so he may be slow to respond, but he has a great reputation for tuning Jeeps.
Awesome thanks man
01' Tj, 4.6L stroker, 24# Ford Inj.