Old stroker refresh

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
YJLopes
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: YJ

Re: Old stroker refresh

Post by YJLopes »

I spent a while chatting with Russ on Friday and I am making progress on my game plan. I am going to buy a set of rods and pistons from Russ and use the head gasket to fine tune the quench. I should be able to dial it in down to the gnats ass! I'm still undecided on CR. I'm convinced that I don't want to be any higher than 9.5, but I'm still not sure why to push it that far. Any reason not to be down around 9-9.25?
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

YJLopes wrote:I'm convinced that I don't want to be any higher than 9.5, but I'm still not sure why to push it that far. Any reason not to be down around 9-9.25?
To maximize hp/tq and get the best fuel economy, you'll want the highest CR possible that'll allow you to run the engine on your chosen grade of fuel without detonation.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Cheromaniac wrote:
YJLopes wrote:I'm convinced that I don't want to be any higher than 9.5, but I'm still not sure why to push it that far. Any reason not to be down around 9-9.25?
To maximize hp/tq and get the best fuel economy, you'll want the highest CR possible that'll allow you to run the engine on your chosen grade of fuel without detonation.
X2,

Couldn't of said it any better.

Some of my competitors out there are pushing combinations that utilize 27cc full circular dishes with 8.8:1ish static compression ratios normally aspirated.
That's a horrible recipe.
jsawduste
My keyboard is getting warn out
My keyboard is getting warn out
Stroker Displacement: 4.9

Post by jsawduste »

Don't forget the cam when deciding on a compression ratio.

IE dynamic vs. static
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by Cheromaniac »

Russ Pottenger wrote:Some of my competitors out there are pushing combinations that utilize 27cc full circular dishes with 8.8:1ish static compression ratios normally aspirated. That's a horrible recipe.
Indeed. Full circular dish = no quench area, and no doubt you're referring to the KB421 pistons.