Yes, I am that guy...

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
MunkMaster
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Yes, I am that guy...

Post by MunkMaster »

That is asking the same questions everyone else is :deadhorse:
The problem with the awnsers for the others is that they dont work in my application.

I am in the proccess of building a stroker and the next step is to take the block to the machine shop.
The settup is going to be a 88 block that is bored .040 over(I bought it that way), a 4.2 crank, 4.0 rods, comp cam, mild port and polish, mopar .043 head gasket. As far as I know the block has never been decked but I am going to have them check it first. I plan to run Silv-O-Lite Pistons (2229C-040) that has a 0.100 in. deep recessed piston head.

The questions at hand are A. How much would the block need to be decked to get the best quench and B. how much would I have to have the pistons milled for the correct volume?

Sorry for the rudundance of a post, I have researched and read everything 5 times and still a little off the path of understanding everything correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep

Re: Yes, I am that guy...

Post by Russ Pottenger »

You're going to have to deck the block about .050 to get to a zero deck of 9.404. If you rebuild your rods you'll be closer to a true 9.400 deck. Check your combustion chamber volume, but that should work pretty good with a .043 gasket

Depending on the radius of your cutter you'll have a pocket depth of .175 to get to a 22cc dish, and another .012 to get you to 24cc

I can sell you a set already done for $200.00 a set if you're interested

Russ
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
(626) 967-1000
Email/PayPal: [email protected]
MunkMaster
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1996

Re: Yes, I am that guy...

Post by MunkMaster »

Awesome info I really appriciate it!

I am going to have the crank polished and the connecting rods gone over.
If you have a set of the pistons I will def take them off of your hands.