Stroker won't stay running

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
cpainter56
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Stroker won't stay running

Post by cpainter56 »

My freshly assembled stroker would run for about 10 minutes, it began to stumble and die and reaching operating temperature (going into closed loop). CEL came on codes were p0031 and p0135 both of the codes were related to the bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor. I replaced it and it started shutting off sooner than before. I replaced the IAC and the crank position sensor to no avail. Traced down the wires in the harness to check for short circuits behind the injector harness rail, I did find one bare wire that I taped up, it didn't seem to help though. When it was running it sounded great, so I know there is nothing wrong with the motor. It seems to be running lean, as covering up the intake would momentarily improve the idle. I checked for vacuum leaks and replaced several hose ends and I'm beginning to wonder if I need to tune my pcm somehow. I didn't think that would be necessary as I am running an OEM cam. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :doh: