Stroker Whats required?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
jsawduste
My keyboard is getting warn out
My keyboard is getting warn out
Stroker Displacement: 4.9

Re: Stroker Whats required?

Post by jsawduste »

I've not quoted a web site.

I have expressed a desire for the consumer....you.... to be educated.

If your content with spending your money putting a series of parts together without knowing how they work together then by all means proceed forward.

Russ has offered his services. Take advantage of it.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

Jarrods2000tj wrote:I look at it this way I'm going to build it once and one time only! I'm not Gona d*ck around with the math behind it if someone has a parts list for a recipe that already works. If I knew i would get more flack then help on this forum I will just boost a rebuilt 4.0 and drag a**. Not trying to be a d*ck just trying to figure out what works together and not the website you keep quoting leaves a lot of info left to be found! Rant done...
In that case I strongly recommend that you contact Russ and formulate a plan that's within your budget.
Muad'Dib
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Muad'Dib »

Jarrods2000tj wrote:I look at it this way I'm going to build it once and one time only! I'm not Gona d*ck around with the math behind it if someone has a parts list for a recipe that allready works. If I knew i would get more flack then help on this forum I will just boost a rebuilt 4.0 and drag a**. Not trying to be a d*ck just trying to figure out what works together and not the web sight you keep quoting leaves a lot of info left to be found! Rant done...
I think the point here is that most people especially on this forum are more technically focused on the "how" a Stroker works. Many of us have built one and trust me a lot .. I mean A LOT of reading and understanding of the engine mechanics went into the builds.

This is the basics forum though and since you asked I think you got the right answers. If your set on building a Stroker I would suggest reading up on Quench, checking the FAQ's section and reading some build threads. Here is my build thread fwiw:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317

After your done reading and you can understand Quench, the difference between DCR and SCR and articulate what your goals are and think that will put us all in a better position to be successful. If you just want to put something together then having someone build it and design it for you will likely be the best approach.
If it feels right, then STROKE it!
You're lucky that hundred shot of CAPS LOCK didn't blow the welds on the forum!!
johnj92131
Making Progress
Making Progress

Post by johnj92131 »

Frankly, I think the best solution for the O.P. is to purchase a good running engine from a salvage yard and simply install it. No muss, no fuss. Just another decent stock motor that will run for many more thousand miles.

With that route, there is no worry about what parts to buy, do they fit, how tight are they supposed to be, etc. The factory made all those decisions. All the O.P. has to do is locate a decent running, stock engine. Then simply get it put in his jeep and drive the car. Not sure if it will get done for $1500 or not, without getting it done in Tijuana. But this may be the best solution for the O.P. And I am fine with that, if it works for him.

Using a shop in Tijuana to get my son's Ranger engine rebuilt worked out fine for him.