First post, First stroker

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
SBpunk
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Comanche

First post, First stroker

Post by SBpunk »

1992 Jeep Comanche 4.0, AX15, NP242, 3.55 gearing in an 8.25, Metric Ton sprung under
Thanks and I apologize if these questions have been covered a hundred times. I'll be doing more research but on a time crunch and hoping to have a decent amount of knowledge or suggestions by this weekend. Getting my 4.0 rebuilt due to some cylinders having low pressure. Was just going to do a basic stock rebuild with new cams and everything short of head/block (getting machined). Someone put the idea of a stroker in my head which is something I never looked into. Spoke with the guy doing my rebuild and he said it wouldn't cost much more if anything to put in a different cam since I'm paying for new parts anyway. Was hoping you guys could give me some input. Was thinking just a 4.2 cam 16lb if I remember right since its an ax15 but was told they're not very reliable.

What I'm trying to get out of this thing is for the next year 80/20 on/off road use. After I separate and move back to Alaska I want to be able to load up a moose/bear/whatever in the back and not have any power issues. For the next year I'm stuck in Oklahoma with the wind and crap roads and we travel to other cities/states a bit for parts/kids. Never realized how many /'s I used... anyway so going 65/70mph on the highway would be great. Not looking to race this thing or do crazy crawling just trails, highways and small town roads. Thanks again for the time and will definitely research more before posting in the future.
jsawduste
My keyboard is getting warn out
Stroker Displacement: 4.9

Re: First post, First stroker

Post by jsawduste »

Huh ?
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Russ Pottenger »

First off welcome to the last year MJ club of which I'm a member also, lol

You're welcome to send me an email with a follow-up phone call and I would be happy to personally go through the many options of my various stroker kits.

I'm not discouraging others to chime in and give their opinions, and certainly encourage you to further your research with much of it can be found on this board.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]
SBpunk

Post by SBpunk »

jsawduste wrote:Huh ?
Sorry have a tendency to ramble. Looking to add some power to a 4.0 without losing its ability to be a daily driver and keep longevity on the motor. Was hoping to get some idea's before I turn it in Saturday for a complete rebuild so when the machine shop purchases the cam/lifts etc they can put it something other than the stock 4.0.
SBpunk

Post by SBpunk »

Russ Pottenger wrote:First off welcome to the last year MJ club of which I'm a member also, lol

You're welcome to send me an email with a follow-up phone call and I would be happy to personally go through the many options of my various stroker kits.

I'm not discouraging others to chime in and give their opinions, and certainly encourage you to further your research with much of it can be found on this board.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]
Thanks Russ I sent you an email
jsawduste
Stroker Displacement: 4.9