Titan head?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Briancolirad
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.7 l
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Titan head?

Post by Briancolirad »

So I have a 505 stroker I'm rebuilding... :deadhorse:
I will know here in a couple days if my head is good or not but does anyone have any experience with the Titan head it looks you have the same specs as an Edelbrock.
Hopefully I don't need it but how if I do bigger intake valve's might be nice
kaspbrochill
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: Soon to be 4.7 & 6.7
Vehicle Year: 9698
Vehicle Make: Jeep's
Vehicle Model: 4.0/5.9ZJs

Re: Titan head?

Post by kaspbrochill »

Briancolirad wrote:So I have a 505 stroker I'm rebuilding... :deadhorse:
I will know here in a couple days if my head is good or not but does anyone have any experience with the Titan head it looks you have the same specs as an Edelbrock.
Hopefully I don't need it but how if I do bigger intake valve's might be nice

I've also very curious on Titan's head...as well the rest of their product's. Seeing there website, they look like they're really doing the lord's work...but when I had reached out to them about purchasing 4.7 stroker kit (assembled short block) and there displayed retail price is $2495 and I had my CC in my hand ready to bite the bullet and purchase their kit but the he said then between a $200-$500 shipping charge then he starting giving me the run around and said that manically there is a new $350 core charge upfront that their site DOES NOT STATE ANYWHERE....ALSO that I AM responsible for shipping costs of my core back to them and lastly he informed me that i'd only get "maybe" $100 back and if they paid for shipping of my core couldn't guarantee it because "he would have to see it to see if it meets their standard's even though I told him 10 times the crank rotates in a full 360 degrees and no w or cracks or wrapping on the block, head, or anything else and he just seemed like no matter what he was going to find an excuse and not refund me any of this unadvertised core charge/ shipping responsibility of paying to ship my core back...he really started grinding my gear's and I didn't do it.

So basically their $2495 is actually $3000-$3345... I'm still salty but I may try and reach out to someone else at their company because technically it was false adverting.

Keep us posted if you end up purchasing from them!!
bugaboots
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Model: Grand

Post by bugaboots »

I have the titan head, it's an upgraded 0330 head with chevy valves and springs. I have had no issues with it so far.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by Russ Pottenger »

bugaboots wrote:I have the titan head, it's an upgraded 0330 head with chevy valves and springs. I have had no issues with it so far.
That's the same cylinder head that all of us are using.
Titan, Clearwater, ...
It's a very well-made casting that includes hard exhaust seat inserts.

I offer that cylinder head with various porting options that include Chevy LS1 valve and spring upgrades.

Feel free to shoot me an email or call and I'll be happy to forward you information.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]
aJeeper
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by aJeeper »

I've got the Titans stroker head with the larger valves and a dual valve spring setup. I did my own porting job and it seems to be doing very well. Low miles on the build sofar (only about 750 km's) so I will see how it last's.
Bittersweetfox

Post by Bittersweetfox »

I just ordered a Titan head.. Before I found this forum or spoke to Russ. So hopefully it is good.