fuel rails

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

fuel rails

Post by amcinstaller »

alright, so i have been noticing here and there discussion on which fuel rail to use. after searching the forums, both with search and scanning the FAQs, i see no mention of which is which. i even decided to poke around dino's site for some info, but found none. so, can someone tell me which is which? as far as i can tell theres three different styles?
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Re: fuel rails

Post by John »

OBDI systems basically uses a fuel rail with a built in fuel regulator, OBDII has the relief valve/fuel regulator in the tank as part of the pump and does not use a return line. the OBDI operates at a lower fuel pressure. I am not familiar with the Renix system. What are you trying to do?
John
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

just figure out what people are talkin about with 49psi rail, etc. pressures for years? i knew about the regulators
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

The TBI injection systems run on a 14/15 psi of fuel pressure. The MPI injection systems OBDI, through 95, I think, run 31 psi fuel pressure (39 with the vac hose off the regulator) snf have a return hose from the fuel rail with a fuel rail mounted, vacuum referenced pressure regulator. (adjustable regulators are available) and when the OBDII system came out, the pump had a internal regulator thet gives 44-54 psi. Hope this answers your question. If not, ask away.
John
amcinstaller

Post by amcinstaller »

thats what i was lookin for, thanks