4.6 stroker in a Full Size Jeep

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Zorm
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: 4.6 stroker in a Full Size Jeep

Post by Zorm »

Jeep-Power
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.3
Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: AMC/Jeep
Vehicle Model: CJ-7

Post by Jeep-Power »

thanks!
Zorm

Post by Zorm »

old thread :stick:
Ok, actually have done a few things. Got the fuel pump and filters set up, got the fuel pressure regulator set for mounting. Picked up a wide band O2 sensor. Working on the wiring and today, got the injectors installed. Moved the engine out of the garage and close to its home.
Need to see if I can use the old clutch kit on the 4.0 flywheel. I'll get pics up soon.
Been getting side tracked by my son, he picked up a 86 Comanche.
Zorm

Post by Zorm »

Alright, the engine is in

Getting her lined. I picked up an old heavy rolling "A" frame. I actually use the engine hoist to raise and lower the top I beam, did I mention HEAVY

Since I have an older Cherokee (83) this is where I put my fuel pump and filters, on the passengers side and rubber mounted to the frame.

I kept my T176 4 speed and NP208 xfr case and since I did not want the Hesco CPS kit, I modified the T176 bellhousing, you can see that a few posts back. Here is the clearance between the tranny and tranny tunnel, it got better once the engine was mated to the tranny

There is no way that a 4.0 would fit in the engine bay of a FSJ unless you get rid of the huge power brake booster. I decided to go with a hydroboost unit from a Chevy Astrovan. I ended up flipping the booster upside down, this will not effect the braking power though, just not what I really wanted as far as looks, function will be great.

Here is the modified Ford 5.0 throttle body, Thanks Dino for your help on that one. Just need to work on the throttle cable connection.

With the engine in, this shows the clearance between the fuel pump, aft filter and alt.

Well, after 3 years, an engine is back in the old girl, :banana: went in way to easy, maybe because I was using that "A" frame. Now to work on the wiring, splicing in the 92 engine harness with the 83 engine harness