Expert advice

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Expert advice

Post by SilverXJ »

If you have an after market header you may have a ticking sound coming from that. Also, the Evap purge valve makes a ticking sound. Flowmaster doe not equal performance. Get a Magnaflow. Good sound and good performance.
WJ 2000
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Model: GC/WJ

Post by WJ 2000 »

Ok Thanks Man'' as long as I dont lose any torque, I'll buy that ! . I wish one of you guys lived closer I wound drive my jeep over, and have you lession to it !
WJ 2000
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Model: GC/WJ

Post by WJ 2000 »

Driving in Death Valley all this week, in my new srtoker 4.6 the Temps where, morring @ Stove pipe wells{ where I live during the week where} 86-89% @ 5:00am .Driving to Cow Creek
is 18 miles with a eleation gain of - 100 feet below sea level, by the time I get to Cow Creek in like 22 mins, its 102 degrees. Work all day'' in the sun light and moratoring your body temps
and staying hydrated every 15 -20 mins by 10:00 am its 115 % , by 4:30 Its time to drive back home to Stove Pipe Wells the temps are 118 %, where the temps have been allday. Well my new Stroker is doing fine and with no predetonation no nocks or pings, but wate''' I still have to drive out of Death Valley its, 1500 to 3000 feet above sea level just to get out of the Valley depending on which way you drive
and ofcorse I have to drive up the stepest rd to get out of town. Well'' everything is fine''' I was a little worried starting up the step grade @ 118 %, my water temp did get as high as 220% but stayed there
all the way up the hill, Wow was I happy when I finely come to the turn off'' YES''''' I made it''''' :banana: I defeated Death Valley''''' :deadhorse: BUT'''' ITS NOT HOT, THERE YET'''' Death Valley is''' JUST
WARMING UPPPPPP '''''''''''''''''''''''' :worship:
shawnxj
I love this board
I love this board
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by shawnxj »

i've seen thermometers hit 130 in the shade in death valley. was an interesting 2 months there
gonridnu
Movin on up ^
Movin on up ^
Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: XJ 2 door

Post by gonridnu »

From your photos it appears the lifters were spinning in their bores and they don't appear to me to be "all beat up" in that picture, at least to me. Obviously the one lifter never mated with its cam lobe. Curious how long it ran after break in as I have never seen one wear all the way through a lifter like that ... kudos
darkcorp
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: JEEP
Vehicle Model: GCh 4.0

Post by darkcorp »

I'm looking at this picture and I'm stuck. Will it properly work if to make such full round piston dish to gain dish as large as possible?
lifter 004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaemonForce
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.7L Super
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: American
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Post by DaemonForce »

WJ 2000 wrote:I still have to drive out of Death Valley its, 1500 to 3000 feet above sea level just to get out of the Valley depending on which way you drive
and ofcorse I have to drive up the stepest rd to get out of town. Well'' everything is fine''' I was a little worried starting up the step grade @ 118 %, my water temp did get as high as 220% but stayed there
all the way up the hill
I was racking my brain trying to read through all of this with the bad spelling and drunken spelling trying to figure out the difference until I read this. Stay out of that hell hole and get some water jugs before you die of a stroke. That Navajo land is no joke. :doh:

Also what radiator are you running in the wasteland? I would be temped to visit Mt. Charleston someday with my wagon and a tri-core but something tells me the factory twin core radiator would puke itself before I even get to the base of the mountain. Not sure if it would hold up during the Spring and Summer either.
   ,__,_____,__,       ~A-M-C YA!
//___}/,_ll,_\__\,_____
,l_/¯\_l__ll__l__/¯\(¤≡¤)
   (o))o))        (o))o))