Another XJ Build

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Syerix

Another XJ Build

Post by Syerix »

Hello,

I have a 2001 Cherokee Sport, I have been wanting to make alot more power to the ground and I need alittle help getting started. I have looked at a few sites for Stroker conversions and I have to say there are not to many that I can see, my XJ is street only its got 2wd and just sinks in the dirt around here but she does see the ocean and a cool beach often but I do most of my driving on road and want to show people around here that a Jeep is adept on OR offroad. I am need of guidence on how to get started I have the 4.0 Powertech HO engine I put 190 hp stock at 242 ft/lbs of torque. I want to increase that by alot i want at least 300 hp/350 ft/lbs. I need help on finding performance parts for this Xj to make it a looker and to really surprise people about how fast she can become. I pulled a 10.34 on the 1/8th mile with a reaction at around 0.5668. If I am right I have the AX-15 5-speed manual transmission, and for the rear a Dana 35 differential. So any help on how to get this XJ at my goal would be greatly apprecited. I also am in the process of buying a 2000 XJ 4x4 which will be my off road vechicle. websites, how to sites would be greatly appreciated.
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: Another XJ Build

Post by Flash »

300 HP 350 fpt, Hmmm.........How much money you what to spend?

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
Syerix

Post by Syerix »

I really dont care how much as long as i can be progressive in my efforts, I am a little E-5 in the navy so i dont make a huge amount of money so this is my tinker toy pretty much, I know its blasphemy but its got a 4/6 drop with a much stiffer suspension 17 in rims and Nexxen 5000 series tires, I turn and grip better then most cars do the frame and body roll is so solid its not even funny, also dropped alot of my braking distance and slightly better fuel ecomomy (about 24-28 mpg). I just want to get started start small work big. Ill put big money down once i get my re enlistment bonus
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Say goodbye to that 24-28. How'd you get that 4/6 drop? Mine was supposed to be 2.5, but ended up like 1.75-2. You definitely gotta post some pics. My brother made e-6 upon returning to The Gulf.
Syerix

Post by Syerix »

Pretty much its a static drop, I bought some perfomance springs from an sport truck magizine that were the same design and modified them to fit w/ lowering shock the bounce WAS bad but then I lowered the a-arms slightly and it fixed it when i replaced the springs again. therear we flipped and blcoked the rear leafs, had to move the shock mounts and new stiffer lowering shocks corrected the bounce that would have been. I ll post up when i get a chance im o duty today proably tomrrow.
streetpirate
Noob
Noob

Post by streetpirate »

pics please! never seen an a-arm in a solid axle rig.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

Syerix wrote:I am need of guidence on how to get started I have the 4.0 Powertech HO engine I put 190 hp stock at 242 ft/lbs of torque. I want to increase that by alot i want at least 300 hp/350 ft/lbs. I need help on finding performance parts for this Xj to make it a looker and to really surprise people about how fast she can become.
Your target of 300hp/350lbft is very ambitious for a naturally-aspirated stroker. Even if you build a 4.7 stroker pretty well, you'll still only have in the neighbourhood of 270hp/335lbft. A Hesco aluminium head might add a bit more by allowing a higher compression ratio but you'll still be short of that target. Here are some stroker recipes that I put together:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html

I wrote up my own stroker build-up here:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: