another help me.. 4.0 srtocker.

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
82cj8project

another help me.. 4.0 srtocker.

Post by 82cj8project »

hey, i have just recently bought a 82 cj8 from my brother. he stared the project about 6 years ago and basicly got no where with it. its got a brand new afw frame and original tub. im trying to figure out what drive line i want to go with. i have a 91 wrangler doner with the 4.0 and manual trans i plan on using. i know nothing about engine building. its basicly gunna be a show- tow rig to tow my 99 camaro ss to the drag strip and to cruise around. so anyway. id liek to know what all i would need parts wise and what to tell the mechine shop what to do. i get the basic concept of taking the 258 crank and rods and installing them in the 4.0. but i was also thinking of boring it out to a 4.6l or bigger.i dont know how big you can go and still be reliable. i dont know what it would be bord out to30,60 over? also what pistons to go with. also what injectors, cam, valve springs push rods.... if some could make a parts list and help me along it would be great. thanks a lot for the help.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: another help me.. 4.0 srtocker.

Post by Cheromaniac »

I suggest you go for no more than a 0.030" overbore so that you still have enough meat left in the cylinder walls for a second rebore. A 0.060" overbore is the maximum that you can do safely.
Here's my own stroker parts list:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/parts.html
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
82cj8project

Post by 82cj8project »

thanks for your help. also i was thinkin of goin with forged pistons. which ones should i get? who tunes jeeps after all this is done? i saw something about an adjustable map sensor where could i get that? what injectors does every1 go with. sorry for all the questions i know nothing on engine building. thanks
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by Flash »

I do believe there is only two options when it comes to forged, custom and KB's new stroker piston.

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."