Custom ECU Programming

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
xjcrazed

Custom ECU Programming

Post by xjcrazed »

Does anyone know of a company doing this for the OBDI or OBDII systems? If we could do this: http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/JKECM.htm for our strokers, it seems like it would solve a lot of problems, and should be cheaper than buying a supplemental fuel management controller.

Rob
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: Custom ECU Programming

Post by Flash »

xjcrazed wrote:Does anyone know of a company doing this for the OBDI or OBDII systems? If we could do this: http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/JKECM.htm for our strokers, it seems like it would solve a lot of problems, and should be cheaper than buying a supplemental fuel management controller.

Rob
it would be nice......I think Hesco will reprogram you original ecm, but to what extent and price$$$$$$$$$ i don't know.......I thing????? any ways :?:

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

Lee can reprogram any of the jeep computers but recommends the UniChip and has said it is cheaper?
John
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

The PSC1-002 that I have can alter the fuel trims a bit and wide open throttle, but it would be nice to have a reflashed ECU with better performing maps to build on. I know Kolak is a good co. to have this done by. I was fooling with the PSC the other day. It came with stock Jeep maps and 26# maps for sea level and high elev. None of them were good compared to the maps that the stock ecu adjusts for my mods. It's definitely gonna take some hours to build my own map and dial it in. I just wanted to make sure the unit worked before the other variables with swapping in the stroker came in to play.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

I don't think Kolak actually does any flashing. I know he was selling some PCMs for the 5.9Ls a few years ago.

If you can't get the PSC to work for your needs (which is basically and advanced MAP adjuster), you will have even less luck with a simple home built MAP adjuster.The whole point of the PSC is not to use the provided fuel maps, but build your on based on your own tunning. Who knows what additional mods their base vehicle had that they based their fuel maps off of.

I have an Apexi, which is similar to the PSC. While it works I would like more control.. especially when to tell the computer to change loops and give it more fuel than the 14.xx that it is looking for most of the time.