What size injectors?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: What size injectors?

Post by SilverXJ »

How much of a difference did you see when you changed to the 4.11 gears? I assume stock on yours was 3.55?
Comanche91
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: JeeP
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Comanche91 »

Naturally there was a big difference when stomping on it and cruising up long grades. :D No more lugging around the 2K RPM range in O/D. But an unexpected benefit was a slight improvement in gas mileage on the highway. I went from 18-19 MPG on a trip to 20-21. I cruise at 65-70, and the gears increased the cruising RPM about 300 RPM across the board from 2100-2200 to 2400-2500. This RPM range seems to be a more efficient "sweet spot" for the stroker. But this gain was wiped out because in-town mileage dropped about 1-2 MPG, but most of this is caused by a case of lead foot. It's sure a hell of a lot more fun to drive now.
91 Comanche LWB, AW4, Hesco 4.6L, D44 Trac-lok, CHROME freak, ROLL TIDE
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

I could get a lot more mileage per gallon if I didn't enjoy driving the vehicle so much, match power band and gearing and they get more fun.
John
Comanche91
Donator
Donator
Vehicle Year: 1991
Vehicle Make: JeeP
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Comanche91 »

I'll drink to that John. :cheers: I'm going to wire the adj. MAP in tomorrow and run a few tankfulls and play with it. Spent the day today putting in a new TeraFlex adj. trackbar and got my front axle centered again. Also put some 4mm factory shims in behind the LCAs too then drove her down to the alignment shop and all is well.
91 Comanche LWB, AW4, Hesco 4.6L, D44 Trac-lok, CHROME freak, ROLL TIDE