stroker price

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
bulljeeper

stroker price

Post by bulljeeper »

i was wondering if i could get some quotes on how much::

The price of the build costs

The amount of horsepower created

the octane of fuel used, and what the gas mileage numbers are.
bulljeeper

Re: stroker price

Post by bulljeeper »

Anybody?
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by Flash »

bulljeeper wrote:Anybody?
You have asked a loaded question that has a answer that bread like the blast of a shot gun............

I'm not trying to be a a$$ here. Do you self a favor and read up on some of the thread here..........look in the fact section and then you can bring you question down to several questions or direction...........then we will be able to help you.

You question has to many possible answer to mention.............and beside, you would get way bored after the 3d page of explanation.........and i still wouldn't done answering you question.

Don't take it as a insult, Read and learn about this sight...........lots to learn and understand, to make you stroker experience a positive on.

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

Mine's gonna cost $2,500+ so it's definitely not the poor man's version. I figure $750-850 for machine work($235 head and block will be $400+, and I haven't contacted the other shop that will do the balancing of the crank w/ damper, flywheel, and clutch, so that might be $200 there). For the parts: $200-300 for new crankshaft or used one w/ machining. $120 for rods, $200 for cam and lifters, at least $200-250 for regular pistons w/ rings(more for forged/custom). I'm buying new oil pump, water pump, timing set, main and rod bearings, have pushrods, new springs w/retainers, locks, new rockers, new/refurbished injectors, spark plugs, gaskets, motor and tranny mounts. I paid $125 for piggyback ecu(psc1-003) and am gonna pay $180 for wideband o2 or $400 for a wideband o2/ob2 scanner/code reader combo(the new innovate lm-2 which comes out very soon). I've forgotten others, but you can just buy the crank, rods, bearings, gaskets, a hone kit and rings and have a basic stroker for a G, if that's how you wanna do it.
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

Mine cost a lot less than most strokers largely because I live in a country where labor costs are cheap. You can read about my stroker build-up on http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: