what style of 4.2 crank?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: what style of 4.2 crank?

Post by gradon »

Here's JB's reply:
"We appreciate your inquiry. If you are looking for reduced drive train weight and faster spool-up, then a lightweight flywheel would be a good direction to go. At the moment we are not accepting any custom flywheel projects as our available engineering time for custom projects is booked for the next six months. If this is something you are targeting to have done by sometime around the end of the year, we may be able to fit something in. We accept customs on a time and material basis only and for estimating purposes these will generally run between $1000-1200 depending upon complexity and tooling. Often, ring gear availability will determine if it can be done."
Yeah, I'm not gonna swing that. Hopefully Fidanza has a better answer.
edit:
"Thanks for contacting Fidanza. Currently, we do not make this flywheel in aluminum. We would be able to make it, but we would require an order of at least 10 units." So it looks like if I really want one, I have to give Hesco a call.
4.0l sahara

Post by 4.0l sahara »

I can get a 4cw crank for cheap but want the low end grunt do you really think there is a big difference between the two?
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Post by Flash »

4.0l sahara wrote:I can get a 4cw crank for cheap but want the low end grunt do you really think there is a big difference between the two?
Look at it this way, your stroker will already give you much more low end Grunt just because the the longer stroked crank.............if you will be continually pulling the eng down to 200 rpm and expecting it to recover and not stall, i thing the you won't be happy with the 4cw......for every thing else, the 4cw would work just fine.

And if yours is a auto, your wasting you time trying to find a 12cw as you will never be able to pull the eng down that far.

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."