thinking about stroking

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Emmerrrrr
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

thinking about stroking

Post by Emmerrrrr »

Ive got my 94 4.0 all apart my crank is junk and my block needs to be bored .060 over so i was thinking of running a stroker setup. If I put a 258 crank and 258 rods in this and aftermarket cam and run some 24lb injectors what else is all involved in a do it urself stroker. is my head fine left alone. im not looking for maximum performance just a little extra since i got to do the bore and the crank already so i was doing some reasearch out there. If any one else has done anything similiar let me know. i got a throttle body spacer and banks headers back with no cat so it should free well
Flash
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: thinking about stroking

Post by Flash »

Welcome aboard Emmerrrrr!!!!
There is plenty to learn around here with a little reading..........I would pay close attention to the KB piston post an this my change a lot people way of building a stroker!!!

Flash
89 XJ with 300,000 on the original eng

"I've also never completed a motor, yet. My mouth (fingers) is also writing checks my ass can't cash."
Emmerrrrr
Noob
Noob
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by Emmerrrrr »

wats all the talk abou dishing the pistons if i run a 4.2 connecting rod do you still hve to do that
Chris
Learning to use the board

Post by Chris »

Emmerrrrr wrote:wats all the talk abou dishing the pistons if i run a 4.2 connecting rod do you still hve to do that
Yes and No. Dishing the pistons is one of the ways of adjusting your CR and quench. Depending on what ratios there you want to run or are willing to run will determine if, or how much to dish the pistons. I have been playing with the calculator up at the top to see what different cc's dished out of the pistons will do for my stroker. Me, I am deffinitely looking at having them dished as my goal is to have a DD that will run on 87 octane or mid grade at the most. It will be more expensive to build, but will save much more in the long run with the price of gas nowadays!!!
I saw that coming, yet I did nothing to stop it....why do I fear success...

..,====,o00o
//__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---\_l__l---
[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)___
seanyb505
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 280ci
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by seanyb505 »

DIshing the pistons doesnt effect quench. When using 4.2 rods on a basic stroker the quench is increased (bad). The solution for that is to deck the block to reduce quench. When you do that you increase the CR a lot. The solution to that is to dish the pistons. It lowers the CR while keeping the same quench.
Now I can be like all those other awesome people with more than one Jeep in their sig, but now I have to say one of them is sold:(
97 XJ 4.6
90 MJ 4.0 - sold

I want to have as many Jeeps as children. DD, offroader, drag MJ and another one. 4=4
Chris

Post by Chris »

seanyb505 wrote:DIshing the pistons doesnt effect quench. When using 4.2 rods on a basic stroker the quench is increased (bad). The solution for that is to deck the block to reduce quench. When you do that you increase the CR a lot. The solution to that is to dish the pistons. It lowers the CR while keeping the same quench.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say....LMAO kind of what I was getting at, but explained much better.
I saw that coming, yet I did nothing to stop it....why do I fear success...

..,====,o00o
//__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---\_l__l---
[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)___