Injectors

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Matt99
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Re: Injectors

Post by Matt99 »

gradon wrote:My early 96 (1/96) XJ has the 49psi rail w/o return line/regulator and the 23.2lb injectors. If I had the 39psi rail, I'd definitely have an adjustable FPR and MAP. I have an adjustable MAP on now set to 5.0V. I'll remove it and the Jet 2 since the PSC1-003 can tweak the MAP at different RPMS(it didn't come in today, so maybe tomorrow. . .).
I just got my 4.6 done and i have about 400 miles on it and it has been doing a weird thing. It jerks when shifting gears like a chatter but the clutch does not slip at all i put a centerforce dual friction clutch in it. Im told they chatter a little no matter what but i have gone down the road and the jeep does it randomly and i describe it as like a seizure lol it starts jerking like if im in to high of a gear for the rpm but that is not what it is. I know it is hard to under stand but im confused on what it is. At first i thought it was clutch but no way cause it would not do it while just driving. So i think it is something engine maybe electronic. I also thought fuel but i would think it would do it more consistent.
FrankZ
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6l

Post by FrankZ »

Mine did that recently, found my distributor was off my 1 tooth. Might be worth looking at.
Matt99
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?

Post by Matt99 »

FrankZ wrote:Mine did that recently, found my distributor was off my 1 tooth. Might be worth looking at.
You think? Id think that would make it cut out more consistent
FrankZ
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6l

Post by FrankZ »

my cam was advanced 4 deg so I'm thinking that between that and the cam being off, that caused my miss at anything above 3k RPM's and a rather bouncy idle.